Now that most things are complete, I thought it would be neat to take a picture from the same position as the before pictures that were posted when the house was for sale! And yes, I did *almost* everything myself. I took a few weeks off from work and had my lists. There were really long days and nights during the demo and installing the flooring, but I am super thrilled about how it turned out!
- remove flooring
- remove wall
- paint cabinets
- replace light fixture
- new appliances: fridge, dishwasher, oven
- build island
- custom fit pantry
- concrete kitchen island countertop
- granite countertops
- paint window
- new faucet
- glass cupboard inserts
- I did need an electrician to come rewire the wires that were in the wall I took down. I would have felt comfortable doing this myself, but it was January and 1 of the wires was for the furnace. There was also a wire that I couldn’t figure out. Turned out to be my doorbell.
- I did need a HVAC person to come re-reroute the hot water heater exhaust that was in the wall I took down. I actually ended up needing a new hot water heater that would route out of the side of the house vs. through the roof.
- I did have the dudes from Craigslist fabricate and install my granite countertops.