Hello there! We’re Amber and Jen.
We’re so happy that you found our little piece of the world and can’t wait to share more of our DIY projects with you.
For a little background:
- Where you met: Work, and also online dating (because Jen didn’t remember meeting me at work so she found me online )
- First date: work conference room, or Panera (depends on what counts as a date).
- How many years together: 2+some
- Age difference: 3 years
- Who was interested first: Amber in person, Jen online
- Who is taller: Depends on who is wearing heels
- Who said I love you first: Amber
- Worst temper: Jen shows it faster
- Most sensitive: Jen
- Most crazy: Depends
- Loudest: JEN!!
- Most stubborn: Tied
- Falls asleep first: Amber
- Cooks better: Amber
- Better morning person: Amber
- Best driver: Jen
- Most competitive: Tied
We got engaged in the fall of 2019…
We said yes to our dresses in February 2020
We were going to be married in May of 2020, but in the beginning of March, we knew our wedding date was at risk of being cancelled. So, we had a kitchen wedding! Thankfully we had our wedding license and officiant already. Within six hours of planning, we were married in March of 2020, right before quarantine.
Besides DIY projects, we loved to travel together. Airports are still out of our comfort zone due to Covid, so we looked into renting an RV for 7-10 days. Due to the high demand, the price was so high that with just a little more money than renting, we were able to buy a vintage camper of our own!
I don’t know why we hadn’t thought of this sooner! We love renovation and we love travel – now we have the best of both worlds! We even bought ourselves a vintage tandem bicycle to bring camping with us.
Stay tuned for the camper renovations and the experiences we have while camping for our first times ever. Let’s just say, we’re learning a lot!