Hello there! We’re Amber and Jen. We’re so happy that you found our little piece of the world and can’t wait to share more of our DIY projects with you. For a little background: Where you met: Work, and also online dating (because Jen didn’t remember meeting me at work so she found me onlineContinue reading “Hello!”

Concrete Skim Coat: Tub and Shower Edition

Time Needed: 2 days for skim coating (including applications, sanding and dry time) 3 days for sealing (including applications and dry time) There’s a rule about not posting the horrific stages of a renovation because so many people can’t picture the end result. Meh, I don’t follow the rules and like to share the earlyContinue reading “Concrete Skim Coat: Tub and Shower Edition”

Bathroom Renovation: Painted Concrete Flooring

The electrical was up and running and I haven’t mentioned this yet, but I couldn’t bring myself to also demolish the tile floor. When I was finished tearing down the tile walls, I didn’t have it in me to even attempt to jack hammer the tile floor out. The fact that I was so poopedContinue reading “Bathroom Renovation: Painted Concrete Flooring”

Bathroom Updo

I call this a bathroom updo because I didn’t really tear anything apart other than the seashell tile border. The entire bathroom is tiled from floor to ceiling, and even on the ceiling in the shower. Demolition of all of that was something that I wasn’t ready for. I hadn’t even imagined that I couldContinue reading “Bathroom Updo”

Kitchen DIY: Before and After

Now that most things are complete, I thought it would be neat to take a picture from the same position as the before pictures that were posted when the house was for sale! And yes, I did *almost* everything myself. I took a few weeks off from work and had my lists. There were really longContinue reading “Kitchen DIY: Before and After”

Concrete Countertop: staining and sealing

I’d lived with my concrete countertop unstained and unsealed for WAY too long. If I would have known how easy it was to stain and seal, I would have done it much sooner. I needed to do research, shop for the stain after I had done my research and verify that the sealer that I’dContinue reading “Concrete Countertop: staining and sealing”

Concrete Countertop

I knew way back when I first moved in that I was going to attempt concrete countertops. I just wasn’t sure where or how until a few months down the road. I’d purchased all of the tools that I was going to need at Home Depot. I’d done my homework, but honestly there weren’t aContinue reading “Concrete Countertop”